Some delicious desserts recipes for your children
Kids love sweets and that is an undeniable fact. It powers them with fuel, supplies them the requires calories, and makes their day so much brighter. Do you want to prepare some desserts at home? Are you looking for some easy to prepare dessert recipes? You have come to the right place. Here chefs of Montessori Rolling Hills, CA have shared some kid-friendly delicious desserts which you can easily prepare at home
Quick and healthy dessert recipes for children
Creamy Passionfruit Curd Ingredients:
- Egg yolks – 4
- Caster sugar – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 50 ml
- Passion fruit (pulp removed) – 3
- Unsalted butter – 80 gm
- In a medium saucepan, whisk yolks and sugar. Then add passionfruit pulp and lemon juice and mix it properly.
- Place a pan over medium-low heat and cook at least for 10 minutes. Keep on stirring until the mixture gets thickened.
- Then remove the pan from the heat, add butter and stir until melted and fully incorporated.
- Pour into a 250 ml sterilized jar, seal, and set aside to cool.
- It can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Strawberry Dipping PlatterIngredients:
- 2 punnet strawberries
- Light sugar cream – 200 gm
- Brown sugar – ½ cup
- Rinse the strawberries and pat dry with paper cloth.
- Slice them in half and arrange on a platter.
- Place the sour cream and brown sugar into separate bowls and place them on the platter.
- In Daycare Rolling Hills CA kids use a fork, dip the strawberries in the cream and then into the brown sugar and then eat.
- Apples (peeled, cored and sliced) – 450 gm
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Lemon – 1(rind and juice)
- Eggs ( separated ) – 2
- Caster sugar – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 150° C.
- Place apples, sugar, and water in a saucepan simmer over low heat for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until apples are soft.
- Stir once or twice during that time.
- Remove from heat and pour into greased casserole or souffle dish to cool down. Set aside. When cooled, add egg yolks, rind, and juice.
Caramilk Chocolate MousseIngredients:
- Caramilk chocolate – 180 gm
- Eggs – 4 (separated)
- Thickened cream – 250 ml
According to the caregivers of Montessori Rolling Hills, CA, most of the ingredients are easily available in our house only.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites into stiff peaks.
- In another bowl melt the Caramilk in the microwave in 30 seconds bursts. Make sure you are stirring the chocolate after every burst. Once it is melted, set the chocolate aside and let it cool for 2 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks with the melted chocolate.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the cream. Take one large spoonful of the whipped cream and mix it with the chocolate mixer to loosen it.
- Once the chocolate and egg yolk mixture is a smoother consistency gently folded it into the rest of the whipped cream.
- Once the chocolate and cream are combined, gently fold in the beaten egg whites being sure not to lose any of the air.
- Divide the mixture between 4 servings glasses and leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour. Top with more grated chocolate or fresh fruits.