5 Fun Activities You Can Do With Your Kids During This Quarantine Period
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, everybody in the whole world is facing a tough time. With the sudden school closure, children are stuck at home without having much fun learning time. Parents are also getting stressed and frustrated as they have to manage their super active toddlers always at home along with their professional commitments. In this situation to bring some fun elements back to your life, Preschool Rolling Hills Estates, CA, teachers have shared some fun activity ideas that you can do with your kids.
Continue reading and find the kid-friendly fun activities which you can do with your children
1. Recycled Crafts
Make a rainmaker out of toilet paper cardboard tubes.Supplies you need :
- Toilet paper or kitchen roll cardboard tubes
- Cardboard sheets
- Paper tape
- Decorations like sequins, stickers, etc
- Rice or beans
- Aluminum foil
- Use the cardboard roll and trace the bottom onto the cardboard sheet.
- If your child is young, cut out the circles that are to be stuck on either end of the cardboard tube
- Using the paper tape, stick the cut out circles to one end of the tube, covering it up completely.
- Pour in the rice or beans as well as some crunched up bits of aluminum foil.
- Close up the other end with the second cardboard circle and paper tape.
- Now let your little one be independent and paint and decorate the rainmaker according to their wish.
2. Fun with Playdough
Grab different colored playdough and let your toddler explore his creative side.Supplies you need :
- Different colored playdough
- Shape cutters
- Let your child take the dough and shape cutters. Use both creatively and make different shapes.
- They can even mold shapes by hand or they can use the cutters.
3. Dance Party
Children love singing and dancing. Arrange for a dance party and have fun togetherSupplies you need :
- Good music. Create a playlist with many kids-friendly songs.
- Clear out some space for dancing
- Put on the playlist and teach your little one some fun steps.
- Start dancing as the music starts.
4. Indoor gardening
In Child Care Rolling Hills Estates, CA teachers used to do the gardening to teach children being responsible and caring. There they used to take care of their plants and feel happy seeing their plants grow. You can do this activity at home also.Supplies you need :
- Plant pots
- Seeds (flowers, herbs, vegetables)
- Small shovel
- Watering can
- Put soil in the pots and shovel it
- Sow the seeds
- Make sure the seeds receive all its needs to grow into a plant
- After sowing water the seeds
- Take care of the plant and water it regularly
5. Movie Night
Have a movie night with your kids. They will love watching movies in the comfort of their homes.Supplies you need :
- Snacks like popcorn, nachos, soda, etc
- Comfortable sitting arrangements
- Good movie
- 3D glasses if required
- Just play the movie, get the snacks, and start enjoying.
These are the few activities you can do with your kids and have some fun time together.