Antisocial Behavior In Children – Its Causes, Symptoms And Risk Factors
Children grow up in myriad ways. Some might be gentle and respectful but others might be mischievous, stubborn, or constantly at loggerheads with everyone. Sometimes, these behaviors seem to be too dangerous and might be suggestive of antisocial behavior. If you want to understand your child’s behavior, please have a clear understanding of antisocial behavior in children – its causes, symptoms, and risk factors.
What is Antisocial Behavior?
According to the Child Care Torrance CA experts, antisocial behavior is a tendency to behave in a manner that alienates a person from his friends, relatives, and society (in a broader perspective). It generally involves insolent or aggressive behavior, coupled with hostile interactions causing harm to others, intentionally.
Causes of Antisocial Behavior in Children :
Some factors contribute immensely to the manifestation of antisocial behavior in kids and most of the time it starts from home.
- A home that is constantly filled with traumatic incidents, domestic violence, unstable conditions, and a stressful environment where kids feel insecure and stressed is a very important reason behind antisocial behavior in kids.
- You cannot ignore the parental contribution to the development of aggressive behavior in children. Some parents, instead of handling kids calmly and patiently, make use of improper and uncompromising parenting styles which hurts the little minds.
- If there is a history of antisocial behavior in the family that can lead to the presence of genetic factors causing the same?
- Parenting coaches in Torrance CA lay a lot of stress on the neighborhood influence on a child. If one child is growing up in an environment where he is constantly exposed to violence, hostility, and brutality, he may develop antisocial characteristics.
Symptoms of Antisocial Behavior in Children :
There is a possibility that some parents mix up naughty and slightly rebellious behavior of a child with antisocial signs. To avoid such situations, you should have a clear understanding of the warning signs that are evident indicators of the development of the unsociable condition. The probable symptoms are:
- A tendency to keep committing minor crimes even after repeatedly making them aware of their offenses.
- Leaning towards destroying neighborhood or Daycare property as well as vandalizing cars or walls with abuses.
- Ignorance for any kind of rules or authority to streamline the life and campaigning aggressively in the face of it.
- Looking out for expensive items and stealing them, pick pocketing, and lying about it even when caught.
- Abusing family members of other people as well as indulging in harming pets or others nearby.
Risk factors associated with Antisocial Behavior :
Keeping a lookout for any antisocial personality disorder symptoms in kids is extremely important. It may seem like a phase of their childhood, but you should also be aware of the risk factors associated with this.
- Kids can grow up into an antisocial element
- May fall prey to harmful personal habits like smoking, alcoholism, etc.
- If antisocial behavior is not diagnosed in time, it can even turn into Oppositional Defiant Disorder.